Enter our orbit and become part of a unified team known for our innovative styles, creative environment, and excellent customer service. You’ll love working with an exciting, leading-edge team of salon professionals in an atmosphere where your creativity and artistic talents are rewarded.
Planet Hair is always looking for new team members who will bring fresh talent to our company and inspire others to be their best. We’re looking for career minded people who are enthusiastic, enjoy working with a professional team, and are motivated to grow with our company.
We’re taking applications for:
• Licensed Cosmetologists
• Full Time and Part Time Customer Service Specialists
To apply please contact us:
Mail: 504 East Douglas, Wichita, KS, 67202
Fax: (316) 267-8155
• Our assistant program was developed to prepare new stylists to be the next rising stars at Planet Hair.
• Incorporating Planet Hair’s business philosophies, ethics, and professional conduct principals along with advanced hair techniques, our team will work with you to help build your confidence by training you technically to be the best stylist possible.
• Owners Tod and Graham, along with our senior staff, will work with you in hands-on technical training to help you develop your skills.
• The program is designed to last six months. Because everyone is different, some people may need additional time to complete the program. Our assistants are evaluated every 30 days in the program to determine how they’re progressing.
• The minimum time in the program in 90 days. We’ll work with you to determine when you’ve reached the criteria to move up to our New Talent Program.
New Talent Program
• After demonstrating that they’ve mastered the essential skills needed to start performing services on our guests, assistants are advanced to our New Talent Program. They’re given opportunities to practice advanced trends and techniques with a senior stylist’s supervision, on a part-time basis, while assisting the team and continuing to work on more advanced skills.
• As New Talent stylists show they’ve mastered advanced skills, they start working with our guests on a full-time basis.
• The minimum time in the New Talent program in 90 days. We’ll work with you to determine when you’ve reached the criteria to move up to stylist.
By working with Planet Hair, you have the benefit of working with a team of professionals that are recognized nationally for their innovative technical skills and commitment to customer service. We have been recognized repeatedly by Salon Today magazine as one of the top 200 growing salons in the United States, by Elle Magazine was one of the 100 best salons in the United States and have been featured in many national and regional publications.
Planet Hair has a strong commitment to improve our community through humanitarian community involvement. From 1990 to 2012 Planet Hair helped raise over $1.5 million s through the ArtAID fundraiser for Positive Directions. Planet Hair has received numerous awards for their service, including Aveda’s Humanitarian Award.
Planet Hair offers a competitive commission for services and retail products sold. Our stylists increase their income an average of 30% per year during the first three years of employment. After three years with Planet Hair, the annual average salary for stylists is around $35,000 plus tips.
We provide ongoing education to give you with the tools you need to be successful. Education at Planet Hair begins on your first day with one-on-one instruction from our creative, skilled, and supportive team. Our ongoing workshops and in-salon classes offer instruction in current trends and technical design, while focusing on customer service. Throughout the year, members of our staff attend various classes all over the country as well as abroad, to rejuvenate skills and learn how to be more successful.
• The highly respected name and reputation of Planet Hair.
• A progressive, productive work environment in an award-winning salon.
• Liberal product and service discounts for you and your family.
• On-going education.
• Flexible hours.
• Incentive programs.
• Opportunity to participate in fashion shows and photo shoots
• The complete Aveda product and color line in exclusive Aveda Concept Salon.
If these are the kinds of opportunities you are looking for, we invite you to contact us for an interview with our manager Linda Ernst. For more information call us at (316) 267-8000